Clothes, clothes, clothes! Love them! Love shopping for them, love looking for the best deals for great clothes. Especially DESIGNER clothes.
Who doesn’t love a great deal on well made designer clothes? I just love combing through great thrift stores hoping to find a great treasure. It’ssustainable as no NEW clothing is being purchased and you are giving new life to a piece of gently used clothing. But alas this does take time and sometimes you can walk out empty handed.
Well, a new boutique, MINE AND YOURS in downtown Vancouver has a great new concept, similar to a popular concept in Los Angeles.
Co-Founder Jigme Negrin couldn’t find any BUY, SELL and TRADE designer clothing stores in Vancouver, so she opened one a few months ago with the help of business partner, Courtney Watkins and clothing buyer, Joanna Chafin.
Mine and Yours has only been open for a few months and is already seeing great sales! Due mainly to the “great eye” the ladies have at picking gorgeous, gently used, well made, designer items and selling them at affordable prices.
Needless to say, I was in HEAVEN when I visited their store on Hornby St. in Vancouver. So many great pieces to choose from at great prices. These ladies know fashion.
I’ll definitely be back with some friends. They even offer Skinny Girl “wine and shopping” parties. Who wants to join me for a glass of Skinny Girl and shopping?
Here’s my interview with the Ladies of Mine & Yours Team:
1. Can you tell me in a few sentences what the focus of your business is? Mine & Yours is a curated resale boutique that buy, sells and trades on-trend women’s clothing. It’s recycled fashion at its finest!
2. Who is your market? Our customers are primarily women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s who love fashion and bargains. Many of suppliers are stylists, fashion bloggers, and women who work in fashion or are extremely passionate about clothing, fashion and shopping.
3. How long have you been in business? We opened in October 2014. The business is off to an amazing start, and we are so grateful to have been so warmly embraced by the community so early on!
4. Why did you start this business?
We are passionate about fashion, sustainability and having fun, and Mine & Yours is all of the above!
We started this business because there was a real market need for a recycled clothing store in Vancouver that sold current, on-trend fashion. We also identified a need for a resale clothing store that eliminates all the hassles of consignment by paying cash up-front for clothing.
5. How do you think your eco business has or will impact your community or is helping people leave less of a footprint on our planet? Mine & Yours enables women to buy designer clothing at a fraction of the original retail price. It also provides them an opportunity to sell their gently used clothing for cash or trade.
Fashion, while beautiful, is the third most environmentally damaging industry in the world. North Americans discard an average of 68 pounds of clothing each year. Mine & Yours helps reduce that waste by keeping clothing out of the landfill, and extending the life of great pieces of clothing that are still in style. We help women be both green and glamorous!
6. Can our Greenkick readers get a special discount if they order from you after reading this article?
We’d like to offer Greenkick readers 20% off our clothing (excluding luxury handbags). Offer expires April 15, 2014.
Connect with Mine & Yours on SOCIAL MEDIA: